The Wynne Thomas Arts Development Fund
The County Foundation is pleased to announce The Wynne Thomas Arts Development Fund. Each year the fund will award up to $5,000, to a Prince Edward County Arts Organization to support a program or project that is intended to advance the awareness, appreciation and the role of the arts in The County. More than one project might be considered. The award, which is not intended to supplement general revenues, will be adjudicated by The County Foundation’s pool of grants committee members.
How to Apply
The fund requires applicant organizations to provide matching funds against the grant amount. This can be volunteer time; other Grant money; in-kind contributions; registration fees or any other source of funds that will ensure success of the program/project.
Application should include the following components:
- Application Form
- In the form of a letter/memo to the grants committee. No more than three (3) pages. Outline the project/program that the organization is intending to offer. Provide details on nature of the project; target audience; dates and times if applicable. How it will be promoted.
- Provide a one-page budget for the program/project and specifically note what the funds from the fund will be used towards. List matching funds on this budget. Be as specific as possible.
- A list of the board members and those responsible for the delivery of the program including expertise and experience.
Preference will go recognized Prince Edward County Arts organizations with a record of good stewardship and program/project delivery. Newer initiatives will also be considered.
Should you have any questions about this application, please contact: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, The County Foundation email@example.com / 613-476-7901 extension 218
Eligibility for Grant Recipients
The Applicant must be a qualified donee as defined by the Income Tax Act, or be working in collaboration with a qualified donee. qualified donees include registered charities, municipalities, school and universities and other categories. If you are uncertain about your charitable status, you can visit the Canada Revenue Agency at: www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts- gvng/lstngs/menu-eng.html
- Projects/Programs must be of benefit to arts community and residents of PEC.
- The applicant organization must have a Board of Directors (or a well-defined accountable committee) based in the geographic area defined above.
- Projects/programs must have a well-defined purpose and take place, and reported back, within one year of receiving the grant.
Successful projects/programs will be characterized by many of the following characteristics:
- They build on existing arts organizations and community strengths and assets.
- They respond to identified local needs; provide demonstrable enrichment to the community.
- They use resources efficiently and effectively.
- They involve meaningful partnerships.
- They strive for a significant and/or lasting impact.
- They benefit as wide of an audience as possible within the arts community.
- They show innovation, creativity, thoughtfulness, and a degree of risk.
Grants will not be given to:
- Cover deficits or retire debts.
- Provide endowment funds.
- Sectarian, religious, or political entities or for such purposes.
- Annual fund drives for sustaining support.
- Support the operating expenses of established organizations or programs.
The organization agrees to provide a written report within one year of grant being given that provides a narrative on successes; recognition to the fund and The County Foundation; usage; and a financial report showing expenses and how the money was spent.
The application deadline is December 15th at 12:00 noon.
Please submit your application to:
The County Foundation
280 Main Street, Suite 103
Picton ON K0K 2T0